This exchange between God and Moses took place as the Israelites were freaking out because Pharaoh's army was chasing after them and the Red Sea was in front of them blocking their way.
After hearing the prayers and seeing the people freaking out God tells them simply, "Stop crying and whining and get moving!"
I think there are times we get so bogged down by our troubles and the challenges we face in life that we become paralyzed.
Look, if you know that it's God's will, if you know that it is right, if you know that God has promised it, if you know what you need to do, then stop complaining, whining, crying, worrying. Move out! God and do what you know to be right. Get moving.
- You know you ought to forgive that person? DO IT!
- You know you ought to ask for forgiveness? DO IT!
- You ought to give more, serve more, do more? DO IT!
- You ought to work on your character and integrity and holiness? DO IT!
- You ought to...whatever it is that God has confirmed to you...DO IT!
Get moving. Stop crying and whining. Just do it!