Jul 12, 2012

Medicines Work If You Take the Medicines


Normally, one has to call the doctor to make an appointment.

When the doctor calls you to make an appointment it's never good.

It's so simple. I had a feeling my doctors would call.

You see, I am supposed to be taking 13 pills a day.

13!!!

They regulate my blood pressure, insulin levels, cholesterol, triglycerides, liver, kidneys, my heart, etc.

And the most amazing thing is that if one takes their medicine, the medicines work.

But I haven't been taking my meds.

I have tons excuses.

Some of them are really good.

Some of them are legitimate.

When I took my last blood test, I knew the numbers would be bad. I kind of expected both the cardiologist and the endocrinologist to call after they saw the numbers.

Sure enough, I'm trouble with all my doctors.

I have no one to blame but myself. I was the one who knowingly didn't take my meds.

So here's the lesson - the meds work, but only if you take the meds.

It doesn't matter if you have the meds in your medicine cabinet.

It doesn't matter if you intended to take the meds.

It doesn't even matter if you believe in the meds.

The meds only work if you take the meds.

Simple right?

The reason why I confess my stupidity with the medicines is because we do this all the time with the Bible and our relationship with Jesus Christ.

The Bible works only if you will read and take to heart and put into action what we read.

It doesn't matter if you have a Bible.

It doesn't matter if you believe in the Bible.

It doesn't matter if you have the best of intentions to do what the Bible says.

The Bible works only if you read it and apply what it says.

So here's the deal.

I'll take my meds and read my Bible.

And you, you do your part in reading and applying what the Bible says to your life.

Together, we'll all be healthy!

Sounds like a deal to me.

No comments: