Jan 30, 2011

The Deal with the "New" Bike

My Honda Magna's been giving me fits lately. I've had - count em' - three flats on my tire since moving to Washington. That's three tires in less than a year! That's unacceptable.

Most recently, I've been having electrical problems. The bike runs great once it starts, but the only way to get the engine to turn over is by either jumping the battery or popping out the clutch on a hill or having someone give me a push.

That's all fine and dandy as long as there are either hills or people around, but when hills or people aren't around...well, I'm stuck.

So, for the past several months, I've been driving the Suburban around everywhere...and the proof is in the wallet. Every time I drive to church and back, it costs me about $9. And I go to church a lot!

So, Helen and I bit the bullet and decided to find a suitable replacement bike.

There you have it. That's how we ended up with the 2004 Yamaha Road Star beauty.


No comments: