We already looked at a couple of descriptions earlier - they are a people of praise, and they are ones of character and integrity.
Here are some more observations:
First, we are told the negative characteristics of whom God rejects:
- v. 3b - The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.
- v. 4 - Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil.
- v. 5 - Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret, him will i put to silence;
- v. 5b - Whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, him will I not endure.
- v. 6 - My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me;
- v. 6b - He whose walk is blameless will minister to me.
- v. 7 - No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house;
- v. 7b - No one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.
And this is a marvelous reminder of the life we are called to live.