Jul 26, 2012

Achilles Update

Did it again...

I was playing basketball and I ruptured and completely severed the achilles tendon on my left foot.

Did the same thing playing basketball 18 years ago, and while I was playing basketball this past Sunday did the same thing again.

The important thing is I was kicking butt when it happened.

I will be having surgery on the achilles Friday at 12:30pm. Prayers would be much appreciated. I'm not too worried. Compared to the open heart and quadruple bypass surgery, this is a walk in the park.

Because the rupture this time occurred right above the previous injury, the surgeon isn't sure if the tendon will be healthy enough to fix. If he determines that the tendon isn't healthy enough, he will take a tendon from either my big toe or my knee and grafted onto the achilles. My preference is definitely for the big toe if he has to take a tendon.
Kaleb's Drawing of Daddy Chillin'

All I know is that I am ready to get on with the healing process. Tired of hobbling around.

Talk to you all on the other side of a successful achilles tendon operation.

Thank you again for your prayers and for your well wishes.

Blessings!

James <><

No comments: