Apr 21, 2009

Oh, That's What the Log in My Eye Looks Like

I just got back from having lunch with my wife.

But here's the thing.

I told her that we would meet at Angelina's at noon for lunch. I've been looking forward to some good Italian pasta, you see.

So I get to Angelina's a few minutes before noon so that my wife doesn't have to wait for me. You see, that's the kind of guy I am.

And once there, I'm messing around with my Blackberry wondering what could possibly be taking her so long. So I try calling Helen but for some reason my phone has no signal. And the longer I'm waiting, the more irritated I'm getting.

I wait 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes.

I go outside the restaurant to see if I can get a signal, but no signal.

Why is it that there is no signal when you need it the most? So annoying.

Now, I'm not only thinking bad thoughts, but now I'm getting flat out mad. It's almost been 40 minutes and she's not around.

Finally, I can't take it anymore and I do a full reset of my phone which gets me one bar on my phone. I make a phone call asking where she is.

And guess where she was? Angelina's.

Where was I? Amores. OOPS!

The whole time I was thinking Amores - the Italian place, but I called it Angelina's - the Mexican place.

To top it all off, while Helen was waiting for me outside Angelina's, a bird flies by and poops on her hair!

She was not a happy person. She was not happy with her husband.

And the entire time, I was thinking bad thoughts.

I apologized profusely to my wife.

That's what Jesus was talking about when he was talking about the speck and the log in the eye.

2 comments:

Stushie said...

Sounds like the makings of a great Hallmark movie with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan to me. Great post!

Unknown said...

Thanks Stushie,

The crazy wonderful thing is my wife still loves me. That's why I married her.

After the first barrage of anger, she still loves me. And the thing is I didn't even laugh when she told me about the bird poop!