Jun 4, 2011

Longing for the Ride

The first time I took the Meyers Briggs personality test in seminary, I was an extreme extrovert.

As the years and...yikes...decades have gone by, I am still an extrovert but not nearly as extreme as I used to be. In fact I have mellowed out quite a bit.

Whereas I used to think solitude was for sleeping, now I actually look forward to it.

I think that's why I love riding so much.

It gives me the opportunity to get away and be in solitude. It gives me the opportunity to be in conversation with God. You'd be amazed how many good ideas and how much clarity can be gained while riding.

In a few weeks I will be taking a road trip down to Anaheim on my bike. I will be taking a week's vacation to just ride.

I know my final destination, but I have no idea how I will actually get to Anaheim. I'm sure it will include some interstate highways, some country roads, perhaps some ocean drives, maybe even some mountain roads. Who knows?

All I know is that I will be spending some good times with God in conversation.

Can't wait!

No comments: