Mar 13, 2008

Relationships

As I've said in my previous blog, I've been home sick. I was supposed to be at the Presbyterian Coalition Board Meeting in Chicago, but I've been at home and in bed instead. Maybe it's a good thing. I've had a chance to rest up. I did not realize how tired I was. I've been sleeping about 16 hours a day. Or maybe its the medication. And in the times I've been awake, I've been able to catch up on reading.

God is good and God is at work. No doubt about that.

One of these days, I'm going to ask God why He made this relationship thing, this church thing so hard to do. It's so hard and time-consuming to build up, and it really doesn't take much of anything to bring it down.

It's one of those human mysteries. The only thing I can attribute it to is all our wretchedness and sinfulness.

But the amazing thing is that God will continue to work in spite of all that. God will change lives. God's Kingdom will continue to grow. Lives will be changed. That's just the way it is.

And thank God for that.

Hope to be back on my feet soon. Looking forward to an awesome Palm Sunday and Holy Week.

God bless!

No comments: