Mar 12, 2008

Rumors and Sickness

I'm sorry it has been a while since I've posted anything. I've been exhausted and feeling very tired, and on top of that, now I have the flu. I covet your prayers for me and the church.

God is at work and God will complete the work He has begun. And when and wherever God is at work, you can be sure that the devil will do all he can to disrupt God's work. One of the devil's favorite ploys is to use misinformation and half-truths to disrupt God's work and destroy relationships.

There are some crazy rumors going around in the life of the church about the new church structure. Apparently, the new elders have already been chosen either by me or several other people.

No such thing has ever been discussed in session, task force meeting, and in personal conversation.

The only one who knows is God. And God will use you - the congregation - to nominate, elect, and affirm the new elders.

There is a misunderstanding that current elders will be asked to resign.

No such conversation has ever taken place. Once ordained, an elder is ordained forever.

Our current elders may be reassigned to a particular ministry area, but this doesn't affect their ordination or vows one bit.

I ask that you know the facts before you speak. Any one of the elders or task force members will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for reading and checking this site regularly. God bless your day and remember to say a prayer for me.
James <><
Check out what God is up to @

www.trinitypresbyterian.us


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: