Jan 24, 2009

My Prayer

It's amazing how you can read the same passage over and over and not see something. I must have read Ephesians 6 a hundred times. I don't know why the following passage did not catch my attention before. I had been so stuck on the imagery of the full armor of God that I overlooked this simple prayer.

“Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.” Ephesians 6:19.

I love this prayer. I want this to be my prayer.

"That whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."

That's awesome!

That whenever I open my mouth, that I will intentionally use it for God's purposes. That will not just let words come out of my mouth, but that I will choose to make mouth a vessel for God's use all the time.

That words my be given me...

I do not have the words to clearly make known the mystery of God on my own. That is impossible. Only God can give it. But I must seek it. The truth of God doesn't just come, I must study, pray, meditate, and be silent before God in order to hear His truth. But when I do listen for God He will give words that goes beyond human reason, and through human words, God is able to touch the hearts of men and women to change them forever.

God, that is my prayer that you will give me the words that I may fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.

No comments: