Apr 22, 2012

I Was There When the Mariners Made History

You couldn't have asked for a prettier day to go to the Ballpark.

It wasn't too hot. It wasn't too cold. I was a bright sunny perfect day in Seattle.

The seats weren't too bad either. We were directly behind home plate. 

My friend Jay and his wife Dana invited my wife and I to the game. Of course we were going. 

I love baseball.

There is no other sport where you can go and enjoy a game while enjoying the company you're with like in baseball.

One of my bucket list items is to visit every ball park in America (I'm about 1/3 of the way there), and also to witness a no hitter.

I've seen no hitters on television. But I wanted to be in the ballpark as it was happening.

Now, had the Mariners been the one to no hit the White Sox, the stadium would have been erupting with cheers.
But since we were the ones who were unable to get a hit, most of the game was actually pretty boring.

This little guy pretty much sums it up. 
It wasn't until the 5th inning that I realized, "Oh my goodness, this guys throwing a no hitter!"

Normally people start leaving when the home team is down after the 7th inning stretch. But not today.

Almost everyone who showed up for the game stayed to be witnesses to one of the greatest spectacles of sporting history - a perfect game. 

It sure would have been a whole lot more fun had the Mariners been the one's no hitting Chicago, but I am still grateful that I was there to see it happen.


No comments: