Apr 19, 2012

One of Those Days...

I got up nice and refreshed, ready to conquer the day for God.

  • Got the kids to school on time
  • Had a great quiet time and reflection time in the morning
  • Ate a good breakfast
Everything was going great.

And then I got in the car. I put my backpack on the passenger seat and turned the keys...and nothing. The battery died.

No problem.

I was having a great day. Wasn't going to let something like this get in the way.

I got out of the car, grabbed the keys to the wife's car so I could jump my car and get the thing started.

I got my wife's car just where I wanted, had her engine running, and began connecting the jumper cables.

That was me...except that guy in the picture isn't me
And that's when it happened. As soon as I made the connection between my wife's car to my car's batteries...that's when I heard it...that sickening sound...CLICK!

As soon as my car's battery had some juice, the first thing it did was to lock all the doors. This is great to secure the car. But this isn't so great when I left the keys in the ignition. Of course all the windows were rolled up. Of course all the doors were locked.

No problem. I'm not going to let something like this ruin my day. I will go get the spare key.

So I go searching for this spare key that I know we have. It's just that we can't find this spare key that I know we have. I searched all over the house. 30 minutes plus looking for this spare key that I know we have.

But nope. Couldn't find it.

After searching for 30 minutes, I gave up and called AAA.

Thank God for AAA.

So what's the moral of the story?

This is still the day that the Lord has made. Situations don't change that. I was going to sit around and wait for the AAA guy to show up and I could have a good attitude about that or I could have a bad attitude. Either way, I am waiting for the AAA guy.

So I chose to have a good attitude and be glad that there was a AAA guy who could help me open the door to retrieve my keys and my backpack and get going about the day.

I could end this story here, but that wouldn't be quite right.

You see, it took a while to arrive at this conclusion. I must also confess I uttered some choice words that I haven't used in a while and words I would never use in public when I heard that terrible sound...CLICK!!!

While it did take me a while to get there, I did get there. I did recalibrate my attitude.

Next time, Lord willing, it won't take me so long to get there.

1 comment:

teacher_deb said...

Don't we ALL have days like that?What's done is done, we usually can't change what has already passed.BUT we CAN change our thinking and attitude, and make the most out of the bad situation. Sometimes it takes a lot of deep searching to find the good stuff the stuff to "rejoice " about but if we lean on God it IS there.!! I can totally relate!