Sep 13, 2012

I've Been Exfoliated

Today was my first day of physical therapy for the repaired achilles tendon.

Until the achilles tendon heals some more, they have me doing exercises in the pool.

It's kind of cool, actually.

There's a treadmill at the bottom of the pool.

I spent 25 minutes walking on the treadmill and 25 more minutes doing exercises in the pool stretching and strengthening the tendon. After the pool, they put me in a jacuzzi for ten minutes to stretch and relax the tendon.

What you need to know is that today was the first day I've soaked my leg since the surgery.

For the past two months, my leg has been in either a splint, cast, or in a brace. Not only that, until recently, the wound from the surgery hadn't completely healed, so it never got scrubbed or washed very well.

All this to say, the leg hadn't been soaked, scrubbed, or bathed in a couple of months.

Soooooo.....when I got into the hot tub after 50 minutes in the pool.....oh my.....I've never experienced anything like it.

The dead skin just started falling off my leg.

It felt sooooooo good.

So I just kept rubbing my leg and foot until all the dead skin peeled off.

I know. Disgusting.

All I can say is, "Thank God for chlorine!"

The moral of the story is...don't ever, EVER, drink the water in a public hot tub.

Seriously, don't put water from any public bath, pool, jacuzzi. You never know.

But you should feel the skin on my leg! It's like a baby's bottom!!!

I can't remember the last time my leg felt so smooth.

I now understand what the big deal is about exfoliation.

I've been exfoliated!

No comments: