Apr 25, 2008

That Through Him All Might Believe

"This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe" John 1:7.

That all through him might believe.

In first reading, one would think that this was talking about Jesus - that all through Jesus we might come to believe. But you'd be wrong.

One of the most amazing things is that this is written about John the Baptist. I find that incredibly encouraging and challenging.

I find it incredibly encouraging that God would entrust such an awesome task to a human being. Each of us has the same calling - we too are to be tools to point others to Jesus Christ. This ought to be our live vision and goal - live and conduct ourselves in such a way that others would come to believe because of our witness.

I find this also incredibly challenging because I am the first to confess that my life and motives often times masks and confuses my witness to Jesus.

I want to get better. That's my desire. I want to be used by God to be His tool.

No comments: