Sep 27, 2010

Attitude

It's a bit of a wonder to me how two people can experience the same exact things and have such different views of what actually took place, but more importantly what those events mean.

Our attitudes and our perspective makes all the difference in the world.

This is highlighted in a humorous way by John Ortberg in his book, "The Me I want to Be":

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary:

  • 8:00am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
  • 9:30am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
  • 9:40am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
  • 10:30am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
  • 12:00pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
  • 1:00pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
  • 3:00pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
  • 5:00pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!
  • 7:00pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
  • 8:00pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
  • 11:00pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!
Excerpts from a Cat's Diary:
  • Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre, little dangling objects. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.
I wonder. Am I more like the dog or the cat when it comes to how I approach the incredible gift of life God has given me? 

It is my prayer and hope that God will find me more like the dog in the days to come.

"This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments: