Nov 20, 2010

...That Your Sins May Be Wiped Out...


"Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" - Acts 3:19.

...that your sins may be wiped out...

I don't know about you, but when it comes to some sins in my life, the thought of my sins not only being forgiven but being wiped out puts a huge smile on my face.

There are some sins so filled with shame, regret, and pain, I need them to not only be forgiven, I need them to be wipe out.  I don't want anything to do with them anymore. I want them removed from me as far as possible.

And that's exactly what God promises us in Jesus Christ.

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!

The result of having our sins wiped out is times of refreshing. Just the sound of that makes me happy.

The way to experience these times of refreshing is 1) repent, and 2) turn to God. There are two things necessary:

  • First is to repent by confessing and acknowledging our sin(s) before God. We need to admit our failures and sins before God.
  • Second, we need to turn to God. Turning to God is not only a directional change, but it means a stoppage of sin. Whatever sin we are confessing to God, we must be willing to stop whatever it is we are confessing.
And when we do those two things, God promises to wipe away our sins and give us times of refreshing.

Ready for some good times?

No comments: