Oct 27, 2011

Willing to Do Whatever It Takes...

Jesus declared, "Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

This means that the church has been given everything we need to be what God desires for the church to be. God has given to the church everything we need to be a prevailing church.

I am not sure what all prevailing entails, but whatever prevailing is I don't think it is what most American churches are experiencing. I would venture to say that what most churches in America is the opposite of whatever prevailing is.

What's the problem then?

Did Jesus lie?

Was Jesus exaggerating?

Was this hyperbole?

What's the deal?

Perhaps the issue is that while God has given the church everything we need to be what he desires for the church to be, but the church has not been willing to do everything we need to do become the church God wants us to be.

I think that's really the question - Are we willing to do what it takes for the church to be the church?


No comments: