Nov 27, 2012

The Joy of Ministry...Wouldn't Want to Be Anywhere Else!

As I sit at my desk in the office...
- my head hurts
- my heart aches

What a day this has been!

I prayed earlier, "God, you must think I can handle all this stuff!" Glad at least someone thinks I can. I can't get through this stuff on my own. You better show up and lead cause I surely don't know what to do with all this stuff!

But you know what? 

I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Wouldn't want to be doing anything else!

I love the ministry!!!

As crazy, mind-numbing, heart-breaking, and messy pastoral ministry can be, there's no other place I would rather be.

For who else, but Jesus through his church, can bring healing to people hurting?

Who else can bring clarity to messed up and hopeless situations like Jesus through his church?

Who else can change evil to good, hurt to joy, tears to laughter, tragedies into testimonies? 

Who else?

None but Jesus.

And we in the church get to be a part of this awesome HOLY ministry.

Thank you God!

Thank you Jesus!

Thank you Holy Spirit!

No comments: