Dec 16, 2007

Messengers of Christ

We’ve got to get the message out. We've got to tell others about Jesus Christ. There are way too many people who do not know the love of our Savior.

I think we all know this. It's just that we don't know how.

I have had several people say to me, “James, I know that I should be sharing about what God is doing and telling others about Jesus, but I just don’t know many non-church going people. All my friends are all going to church.”

Folks say to me, “James, I just don’t know what to say and how to share the faith. I know I should, but I just don’t know how to do it.”

Listen, we can teach you all the tools and methods for sharing Jesus with others, but that’s not going to do any good unless we take care of this first.

The most effective way to share Jesus Christ with others is an authentic Christ-like life. Because unless we're living an authentic Christ-like life, it won't matter what we have to say. And here's the reason why - it's impossible to convince someone of a truth we are not living.

You can have all the evangelism tools in the world, but if our lives are not authentic and Christ-like, and if our lives are not any different than the people around us, no amount of right teaching about evangelism will do any good. If our life is not markedly different than the people around us, words just don't matter.

The most effective presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ begins with an authentic Christ-like life. You see, sharing the message of Jesus Christ is not so much about what we say, but how we model Jesus Christ.

When we live authentic Christ-like lives, we won’t have any problems communicating and finding people to share with. They will come to you and will want to know what makes you so different than anyone they know.

No comments: