Dec 18, 2009

Avatar - Don't Waste your Time or Money


Just got back from watching Avatar. I went to the movies with huge expectations because I had heard so much about it. I am telling you up front, don't waste your time or money to see this movie. Instead, do yourself a favor and wait for it on video if you really want to see it.

There are several huge issues with the movie.
1) It's too long. That might not be such a bad thing if the movie was good. But since this isn't a good movie, that it's almost three hours long, makes it that much more unbearable.
2) There's something wrong when the heroes of the movie are the aliens and the villains are the human beings. The movie actually makes you root for the aliens to kill the humans. I don't know about you, but there's something fundamentally wrong about that. What is it about the liberal media that makes us loathe ourselves? In the movie, human beings are stupid, greedy, selfish, violent killers, while the aliens are the kind, caring, loyal, accepting, and everything that you would want human beings to be.

I am not sure what James Cameron is trying to say, but I can't help but think that he was taking a jab at America with all its might and military. I don't know what it is about the liberal media that insists on making America look bad and the military look like idiot thugs with big guns. Knock it off!

About the only thing I can say positive about the movie was that the computer graphics and special effects are well done.

So I give Avatar a 1 out of 5. The only reason why it's getting even the 1 is because of the special effects. I think there are far better ways to spend your time and money than wasting it on this movie. If you really want to see it, wait for Red Box to start carrying it for a buck. It might be worth a buck.

No comments: