Dec 11, 2009

The Blind Side - The Movie and the Book


I am not a big fan of Christian based movies mainly because Christian based movies have not been very good.

There have been a few exceptions - Shadowlands (The story of C.S. Lewis) is a fantastic movie with very good acting, the Chronicles of Narnia was pretty entertaining.

With "The Blind Side" I've now got a new favorite Christian movie. I would not hesitate recommending this movie to either a non-Christian or a Christian. It's an engaging story with wonderfully talented and gifted actors. I've seen the movie two times already - first with my wife, and then second time with my girls because I wanted to take my children.

I've always appreciated Sandra Bullock as an actress. Never thought that she was great, but she wasn't bad either. But in The Blind Side she shines. It's not just her, but all the characters in the movie are believable.

The thing I like best about this movie is that the story is true. I've just finished the book and also have done some research on the internet, and the whole thing is spot on. It's a wonderful story of faith in action.

I highly recommend that you go check out the movie and the book.

No comments: