Dec 21, 2009

From Frustration to Motivation for Change

It has been interesting - to say the least- to watch all the conversations going on about my recent post. Thank you all for your passion.

Here's the thing. I am the first to admit that I am not an expert about growing healthy churches. However, what I can affirm is that there is something in me that wants to scream - there's something wrong about the way we're currently doing and being church. When Christ has given to every single church everything we need to unleash grace, love, and power on our communities, when Christ has given us everything we need to be the church that impacts and touches the world for the grace of Jesus Christ, and when our churches are not living up to their potential, we know it to the core of our being that this can't be what Jesus had in mind when he declared, "Against such a church the gates of hell shall not prevail."

So channel the passion and frustration into positive motivation for change. For the church must change in order to be the church God has called us to be. We cannot keep doing the things the same way as we've always done things. In order for things to change, things must change.

And it is because this is my dream and passion - to see the church being the church that God intends her to be, I will keep on dreaming, keep on hoping, keep on writing, and keep on leading the best I can to live into such a vision.

God has a plan for Trinity. And God's plan for Trinity for "our welfare and not for harm, to give us a future with hope" (Jer. 29:11).

Wherever God may find us, I pray that God is glorified, that others can see in our speech, our actions, and in how we love one another the glory of the risen Christ.

God bless you all and Merry Christmas!

James <><

No comments: