Aug 16, 2010

Heart of the Matter - Update on my Hospital Stay

I am writing this blog from the hospital room at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Tacoma.
Sunday morning at around 3am I started feeling a tightness in my chest that then spread to my left shoulder and arm. I was hoping that it would go away on its own but after an hour the tightness and pressure only got worse.
My wife drove me to the hospital at around 4am. I went to the ER in my Sunday clothes because I was still holding out hope that I might make it to church by nine.
To make a long story short, I have been at St. Joe's since early Sunday morning. I did not have a heart attack. But the reason why I was having chest pains is because two out of the four bypasses from last year are not functioning.
I now have two stents to go with my four bypasses.
But the good news is that this will help me to feel better.
Thank you all for your prayers for me, my family, and the Little Church. God loves me, but He's not ready to call me home yet. God has me here because God is not yet done working through me. There is still much ministry and life for me to live for the glory of God.
Blessings!
James <><
check out what God is doing at
http://www.lcop.ws
http://jameskimlcop.blogspot.com
Twitter @jameskimlcop
Sent from my iPad

2 comments:

Jin S. Kim said...

Hey James, so sorry to hear about this development, but also so glad to hear that you are recovering and in good and hopeful spirits. God is certainly not done with you yet! Praying for you...

Jin

Keith Hill said...

James,
Thanks for letting us know -- do count on prayers for you and your family!
Blessings, Keith