- We are in the negotiation processes with a candidate for the associate pastor position at LCOP
- We are finding solutions to possible financial realities facing LCOP
- I am trying to come to terms with what those financial realities mean for my leadership
- It's Advent season
- My health issues are getting worse, not getting better
- We are preparing to launch a new worship ministry, a young adult ministry, visitor/welcoming ministry
- We are preparing for the next trimester of the FOCUS small group ministry
There's a lot going on.
As I have been trying to lead through all this, I realize that I have not been leading myself very well lately. I have allowed my business to overtake my spiritual/emotional well being. I have been running more and more on fumes. My spiritual and emotional tanks are empty. And if I don't take some healthy measures to replenish my tanks, I will burn out.
Some signs that I have not been managing my emotional/spiritual tank:
- I was up most of the night, tossing and turning and worrying. Even after praying and literally handing things over to God, I find myself stressed and unable to sleep
- I feel stressed during the day
- The joy and passion of leadership are waning and giving into depression and stress
- I am more irritable
None of these things are healthy or Godly.
It's not enough to pray and hand things over to God. I need to do those things through which God feeds me and encourages me. For without those things, I will burn out.
So what are the things/activities/people that God uses to fill me? How will I go about refueling?
Here are the things that fuel my emotional/spiritual tank.
- Family Time
I haven't been doing much of these things for several weeks now.
That's going to change starting today.
How about you? How are you doing? Do you like who you are becoming these days?
What are your daily spiritual and emotional replenishment strategies?