Aug 16, 2012

What Was I Thinking?!?!?!

I don't do narcotics well.

I guess that's a good thing with me being a pastor and all.

After my surgery, my docs gave me some pain killers. The prescription pain killers might have helped with the pain, but the major side effect was that the narcotics in it made me really loopy!

Because I didn't like the way it made me feel, I stopped taking the narcotic pain killers after two days and took Advil instead. Advil wasn't as effective but at least it didn't make me loopy.

Before surgery I had about $240 in my wallet. After surgery and when I stopped taking my pain meds, I realized that all my cash was gone!!!

I asked my wife and kids if any of them had taken it and no one knew anything about the money.

We searched the entire house and still we couldn't find the money.

Fast forward two weeks.

I finally got my cast off and the doctors put me in a boot. One of the things I needed to do was to change out the bandage on the wound/scar from the incision from the surgery.

I went to the bandaid drawer and when I opened up the bandaid box, guess what was there...yup...$240 wadded up in a ball at the bottom of the bandaid box.

What was I thinking?

I don't remember putting the money there.

I don't know what possessed me to put the money there.

But I was trying to hide the money from someone!

I tell ya, narcotics do crazy stuff to the brain.

The question is why would anyone want to be loopy like that all the time?

I have no clue.

I'm just thankful I don't know the answer to that question.

No comments: