May 31, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2

Saw Kung Fu Panda 2 with little man yesterday.

I loved the first Kung Fu Panda. In fact, the first movie blew me away because I went in with no expectation. I figured I would put in my time as a daddy to four kids. But I loved the first movie. It was sooo good.

I'd read some reviews about Kung Fu Panda 2 and most claimed that the sequel was better than the first. So I had some big expectations before I saw the movie.

And that's the thing. Very rarely do movies live up to the hype and the expectation. I would much rather have the movie going experience where I was expecting nothing and then come away pleasantly surprised than going in with huge expectations and coming away disappointed.

I wasn't disappointed with the movie. It's just it wasn't that great for me.

  • Visually, the movie is stunning. I did not see the 3D version but even the regular version of the movie was visually awesome. 
  • The story line was good too. It had everything, loyalty, love, friendship, good vs evil, love between parent and child, etc. 
  • As far as children's movies go, this was fantastic.


But then why am I not raving about the movie? I think it's because my expectations were too high.

Kung Fu Panda was fun. Definitely a movie where both parents and children will enjoy. But for this guy, I still prefer the original Kung Fu Panda.

No comments: