May 30, 2013

Faithfulness and/or Success

I want my life to matter.

I want my ministry to count.

What do I mean when I say those things?

If I'm honest, when I say those things what I mean is that I want my life and ministry to be a success. And by success I mean success in ways that anyone can count - the size, the numbers, the budget, the scope, etc.

Sure, I know that God has called me be faithful to him.

At the end, God will not ask, "James, how come you weren't as successful as Bill Hybels, Andy Stanley, Rick Warren?"

What God will hold me and every servant accountable to is, "James, were you faithful?"

We must each answer that question.

I know all that.

I know that what I have control over is my faithfulness. I know that success is all in the hands of God.

But gosh darn it! I want to be successful!!!

And that's the God-honest truth.

I want to see the ministry of the Little Church on the Prairie thriving and growing, impacting more lives than ever before.

I want to see the power of God transforming lives, families, marriages, and our community.

I want to see those who do not know Christ coming to saving faith in and through his church.

I want to see God at work in my life and through LCOP.

God, I want faithfulness and success.

Is that too much to ask for?

No comments: