- at 7 he and his parents had been forced out of their home.
- at 9 his mother died and as a result he never finished grade school, let alone high school or college.
- at 23 he started a business that failed. Then he tired politics and ran for office...and failed. He was hired then fired. He applied to law school and was rejected.
- at 24 he borrowed money to start another business that failed. He then spent the next 17 years trying to pay off the debt.
- at 26 he got engaged, but his fiancee died before the wedding.
- at 27 he had a total nervous breakdown and spent six months in bed
- at 29 he tried politics again, running for his state legislature, and lost.
- at 31 he tried again and lost.
- at 34 he ran again and lost.
- at 37 he ran for congress and won. But two years later, he lost his reelection bid.
- He had the bad judgement to run for the US Senate twice...and lost both times.
- He then sought his party's nominee for Vice President...and failed.
- at 51 he had the audacity to run for the President of the United States...and won.
Who is this man? Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth president of the United States.
Why didn't he quit? Because God doesn't make losers.
"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure" - Abraham Lincoln.