Nov 11, 2007

Who We're With Changes How We Fear

Isn’t it funny how who we’re with changes how we fear? About a month ago in the middle of the night, we had some severe thunderstorms go through our area. And when the storm came over our house, it sounded like and felt like the thunder and lightning were right over our house. And within a matter of minutes, Helen and my bed now held six people. And because the bed held two particular people, those four littler persons weren’t afraid anymore.

It wasn’t because the lightning and thunder stopped. It was because they were with their mommy and daddy. That changed everything.

Isn’t it funny how who we’re with changes how we fear. Who we’re with makes all the difference in the world.

That’s what our God, our Father, our Savior, is saying to you and me, “Take courage. It is I. Do not be afraid.”
• I know. You’re going through some hard times. Cancer and disease has wreaking havoc in your life. Take courage. It is I. Do not be afraid.
• I know. The financial market looks gloomy. I know there are dark clouds ahead. Take courage. It is I. Do not be afraid.
• Yes, I know. You’re facing some major relational issues. You’ve had your share of heartbreaks. Take courage. I’m here. Do not be afraid.

Did you know that this is the most often repeated command in the entire Bible? Someone has counted that there are 365 “Take courage” “Do not be afraid’s” in the Bible – there is a Take courage and not be afraid for every single day of every year. Child of God, you are never alone. So take courage. God is with us. Do not be afraid.

No comments: