Nov 14, 2007

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so.

We've all heard this song. Many who grew up in the church have been singing this song since we were children.

There is an absolutely important truth in this statement that most of us miss.

Jesus loves me.

How do I know that? How can I be sure of my standing before God? How do I know that I am really forgiven? Where does the Christ-followers assurance and certainty come from? Where is our authority and our power?

Jesus loves me. This I know. How? Because the Bible tells me so.

And here's the thing. What happens if we don't know what the Bible says? What happens when you have an entire generation of people who are clueless what the Bible says? What happens when you have a church who is ignorant of what the Bible says?

You have a generation and a church who is uncertain of their identity.

You have a generation and a church that is totally impotent against the schemes and the false teaching of the enemy.

You have a generation and a church that has no clue if there is a God at all.

And this is exactly the devil's ploy. The devil doesn't mind that you might have a wonderful church experience. The devil doesn't mind that you attend church and do church things and good things. Because as long as God's people remain ignorant of God's word, they will have no idea how the good deeds, the worship, and how everything we do and how everything we are has anything to do with God.

Christ-follower, our certainty and our assurance is completely dependent upon how well we know God's word. That is why the daily study and meditation of God's word is absolutely essential to our spiritual lives. It has to be a non-negotiable. This is the bedrock of our faith, and the foundation of our strength.

Get in the Word of God and let God's Word get into you.

No comments: