Jul 24, 2008

My Dad

My dad is a man of few words. He never says anything unless it absolutely needs to be said. Even now, when I call home and he picks up the phone, he says, "Hey James. You doing well? Here's your mom."

That's just the way it is with my dad

So here we are at his house with my family during our vacation. It was the first full day we were there. We just got done eating and we're all just sitting around the table and out of nowhere my dad says, "James I'll give you a thousand dollars if you lose 50 pounds. I'm serious. A thousand dollars."

And then, Helen - my wife, just starts rolling on the floor laughing!

What is up with that?

I guess I've put on a few pounds since the last time I saw him. I do need to get myself in better shape.

So I've resolved to eat healthier and get myself back in the gym.

I don't know about fifty pounds because that would get me close to my high school weight, but I will be in better shape.



James <><
Check out what God is up to @
www.trinitypresbyterian.us

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, that's hilarious. thousand dollars would motivate me!