Oct 22, 2008

Moment by Moment by Moment Faithfulness

You know, it's funny how at different stages of life, different books of the Bible seem to match where you're at. For better or worse, Ecclesiastes seems to be where I am right now. I guess there are worse books out there to be like. It certainly would suck to be where Job was. I pray that I don't have to go through that.

I want my life to look more like the book of Acts. I want stuff to be happening. I want to see God at work. I want to see lives get changed. But I seem to be in a place in life where what is being asked of me is faithfulness.

I was reading about Noah today and this is how Genesis 6:22 describes him. "Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him."

That's pretty awesome to have the Bible say that about you. I know I can't give God perfection. Simply not possible. But I do want to live in such a way where this could be true about me from moment to moment. And I want to put together as many moments of faithfulness as possible. And I figure, the more of these moments I string together, the more I participate in God's will. So, God, you got me right now. And now. And now.

No comments: