Oct 8, 2008

Ramblings of a Preacher

Preaching is one of the greatest privileges of being a pastor. It boggles my mind that God would entrust the proclamation of His word and truth to sinful human beings like me.

While there is no doubt that preaching is a privilege, there are times it gets me down. I work hard to prepare my sermons and to preach them faithfully. And sometimes, I can't help but wonder, "What is the point? Is this making any difference?

And as soon as I think that, I realize that the finger is pointing right back at me. That's exactly what I do to God. I know His teaching. I know what I should do and what I shouldn't do and I struggle with the same ol' sins everyday.

I wonder why we're like that. If we would just be better at the obeying thing the entire world would be better place.

I think what God is calling me and all of us to do is to be faithful to the task His given to us. The results are up to God and every single individual. But no matter what else is happening, we are called to be faithful to the task God has given to us.

So that's what I am going to do, one day at a time. And friend, you do the same. And together, God will change the world through sinful people like you and me - warts and all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amen. preach it, brother.