Nov 5, 2008

Promises of God - Why the Heck Does It Take So Long?

Abram was 75 years-old when God promised him, "I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing" (Genesis 12:2).

Abraham is 100 years-old when this promise finally comes to fruition.

Does this bother anyone else?

I know. I don't have much patience. But it bothers me that God would promise something and then not do it until decades later.

Abram believed God. And when God wasn't coming through like God promised, he took things into his own hands and conceived a child through Hagar.

Why is all that even necessary? Why did God wait 25 years? Was Abram not ready? What's the deal?

That's the thing. - God doesn't operate on our time schedule. God has His own timing. You can do that when you're God.

It's just that guys like me going through every day life with very little patience, has a hard time accepting this. But whether I have a hard time or not, God is God and His promises will come to fruition. That I know.

Still doesn't mean I have to like the waiting part.

No comments: