Nov 30, 2008

Where's the Impact?

Jesus promised the disciples, “Upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not overcome it” (Matthew 16:18).

Jesus tells us that the church of Jesus Christ is the hope of the world.

Jesus tells us that it’s God’s plan to use the church to transform the world.

I believe that to the core of my being. This truth is something I would be willing to bet my life on.

But here’s the thing I’ve been wrestling with.

If this is true, then how come we see so little evidence of this reality? Why is it that there are hundreds and thousands of churches all around our country and we seem to be on the losing side?
• Why is it that there seems to be ever more increasing violence and more war?
• Why is it that terrorism, racism, and consumerism seems more rampant than ever before?
• Why is it that there seems to be more divorce and more marriages breaking up all around us?
• Why is it that the gates of hell actually seem to be winning?
• Why aren’t our churches making more of a difference?

No comments: