Dec 8, 2008

Oh, the Things We Do

I shouldn't be amazed or shocked.

I've been doing this pastor thing for about 20 years, and in that time have seen and heard about some crazy stupid stuff.

So I shouldn't be amazed or shocked.

But, I am.

I don't know amazed or shocked is the best description - dewildered, dumbfounded, WHAT? - is probably a better description.

We do the dumbest things. We say and do things knowing that we will be caught. That we will have to answer for those things. That the consequences of those actions will be devastating to every they love. And we still do it! Why? What makes us do stuff like that?

How can we do stuff knowing that it will hurt the people we love?

And that's what sin does.

I shouldn't be shocked. I should know better. I've been doing this pastor thing for over twenty years. But I am still dumbfounded.

Why?

Why do we do the things we do?

Why?

No comments: