Dec 2, 2008

The Problem with God - Is God Enough?

Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness...

You shall have no other gods before me...

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might...

That's the problem with God - this whole first thing.

We like to think that we give God our best but I don't think that's true.

When God asks me, "Am I enough?" I want to answer that God is more than enough.

But when I am being honest with myself and with God, the real answer is that God + ______ is enough.

For me, it's God + "things going my way" is enough. Because when I find that things aren't going my way, I'm not very happy with God. It's not enough to know that God loves me, I want God to love me and for that to manifest itself in things going my way. That's the brutal honest truth.

I know that's selfish and childish. But that's the ugly truth. And that is the ugly truth that I want to get rid of by confessing it to God. I want to surrender all to God and I want God to be enough.

No comments: