May 23, 2009

Questions

I have probably read through the gospel according to Mark hundreds of times. And there are still passages that confuses me.

Jesus says in Mark 13:30-31, "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

I don't know what to do with that. Because that literally did not happen. I don't know what Jesus was talking about.
Mark 14:51-52 says, "A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, he fled naked, leaving his garment behind."

I don't knw why that's in the Bible. I don't know how that information helps me to get a better understanding of God or Jesus.

Mark is one of the most tightly woven gospels. I don't know why that's there.

So today, there are some questions and not much in terms of answers.

But that's okay because that's the way life is - more questions than answers, but we're still going to have to trust and obey. So that's what I will do.


James <><
Check out what God is doing @
www.trinitypresbyterian.us

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: