Jan 25, 2010

Day 1 of Travels to Lakewood

Made it to Albuquerque, NM.

The quickest route would have been Texas-Oklahoma-Kansas-Colorado-Wyoming-Utah-Idaho-Oregon-Washington. 
View Larger MapBut notice what most of those states have in common in late January? That's right. Lots of winter weather.


When I checked the road conditions and weather updates for these states it looked like a lot of cold weather with a chance of some ugly weather. So instead of chancing getting stuck or driving like a slug on icy conditions, I decided to take the long route Texas-Oklahoma-New Mexico-Arizona-California-Oregon-Washington.
View Larger Map


As a bonus, I get to hang out with my folks for a day in Cali. That's not so bad.

So, I made it to Albuquerque where I will be sleeping for the night. And then it's back on the highways as I still have about 750 miles to go.

Highlight of the trip so far - Chinese food in Amarillo, TX. It wasn't that bad. Actually, it was pretty darn good.

More to come.

No comments: