Jan 26, 2010

Day 2 of Travel Adventures to Lakewood

Made it to my parents place in Seal Beach. Made great time.

Had a great day of traveling. Here are the highlights of the day.


You get what you pay for
I decided to save some money and checked into one of the least expensive motels I could find in Albuquerque. I succeeded in finding such a motel. However, along with the nice room came a very incredibly noisy heater. When I first turned on the heater I thought it was loud. But when I was trying to sleep and the heater would kick on, it sounded like a freight train in the room. I woke up at least 8 times during the night. To say the least, I did not get a good night's sleep. Ergo - you get what you pay for.

Next time, listen to the wife and spend the little extra money and stay at a nicer place.


Who knew?

I was absolutely shocked to find winter wonderland in Flagstaff, Arizona. There was piled up several feet high every where. I could not believe the amount of snow. For at least a hundred miles, I drove through winter wonderland.

Uh oh!
Krrrrrrr. Grind, grind, grind. My car started making a funny sound in Flagstaff. I wasn't sure if I would make it the rest of the almost 500 miles to LA. The car is still running great but it makes a really ugly grinding noise whenever I start it up and when it comes to a stop. Will be taking it my uncle who is a mechanic. Nice to know a mechanic who happens to be my uncle!

That's pretty much it for now. I plan on sleeping in so I can be ready for the drive up to Lakewood. Lord willing, I should be leaving Seal Beach Thursday.

Blessings!

No comments: