Jan 18, 2010

The Kim's Adventure to the Pacific Northwest


Just got home from Lakewood.

It was a wonderful trip in so many ways:
  • We got to finally meet the people of Little Church and my kids love it!
  • We saw where I would be living until my family moves up with me and my family loved it! In fact, they wanted to move into my new studio apartment!
  • We saw where I would be working and my family loved it!
  • The kids got to see where they would be worshiping and the city they would be living in and they loved it!
  • My family got to hang out with my friends, their children, and all their cousins and uncles and aunts and they loved it!
  • We got to stay with the Northcutts and my family loved it!
It was a great trip.

And to top it all off, we got to fly home direct and arrive earlier than scheduled because of a nice man at American Airlines counter in Seattle! We were supposed to fly on Alaska Air to Orange County and then connect to a flight to Dallas and arrive at 11:30pm but, the nice man put us on a direct flight to Dallas from Seattle. It meant that we had to wait at the airport for a few more hours but we would get to Dallas earlier than scheduled.

All in all, it was an awesome trip.

I am so glad that the Little Church wanted my entire family up for this past weekend. Whereas my kids were a little apprehensive about the move before the trip, now they can't wait to move up to Lakewood as a family. And the people at Little Church were so awesome! They made my wife and kids feel right at home. We are all excited about the new start that God has in store for us.

Now I have a few days with the family and then it's off to the races!

Thank you God for an incredible weekend.

No comments: