|Image borrowed from http://hopehomesusa.files.wordpress.com|
Where this is particularly true is when it comes to how organizations relate to their employees and people.
Richard Pascale relates:
- Macy's rulebook is an inch thick.
- Nordstrom's rules can be summed up in two sentences. Rule 1: Use your good judgment in all situations. Rule 2: There will be no additional rules.
Guess which company is better prepared for the future?
What does your organization look like?
- Do you trust your people to make good judgment?
- Do you hire and attract people who will make good judgments and empower them to do so?
- Or do you have to spell out what your people can and cannot do?
Use your good judgment.