Oct 23, 2012

Say No to Labels

Many in the PC(USA) are using the word "Progressives" to refer to folks who favor among other things, gay ordination and same gender marriages.

The reason why I refuse to use that language is because if that's who "progressives" are, then since I do not affirm those things, that then makes me what?

Regressive or anti-progressive.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I am all about the church of Jesus Christ and my church doing its very best to discover new and better ways to proclaim and be about the good news of Jesus Christ.

That's the general problem with labels. Nothing quite fits.

So here's the thing.

I refuse to use the language of conservative and progressive.

I will stick to being a disciple and follower of Jesus Christ.

I am one who believes that the Bible is God's word to us.

I am one who believes in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ which makes atonement for the sins of those who believe Jesus as Lord and Savior.



No comments: