Jun 21, 2008

$30 Cheeseburgers and Trying to Sleep In

Saturday morning is used as an orientation for the commissioners to the General Assembly to learn how to use their voting pads, where to speak, how to speak at the microphones, in general, how to operate at the General Assembly.

So I decided to use the Saturday morning to sleep in. After all, I have four children at home and sleeping in is a luxury and since I didn't have anything to do until the afternoon, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to do it.

That was the plan.

But as soon as it was 7am, I was wide awake. I tried to stay in bed, but my body wouldn't obey. I kept trying to tell my body that it was only 7 and we should stay in bed, but my body was convinced it was already 9am. And it was - back in Dallas!

The hotel I am staying at is connected directly to the San Jose Convention Center. That's really great because it's convenient. However, there is only one restaurant here and it's stinking expensive. I ordered a cheeseburger and a beer for dinner and it was $30! Thirty dollar cheeseburgers!

From now on, I am ordering pizza.

Tonight's main business will be the election of the new moderator.

Will keep you posted.

No comments: