Aug 13, 2008

Hypocrisy

We're all hypocrites - Christians and non-Christians, Buddhists, Muslim, Hindu, atheists, etc. If you are human, you are a hypocrite.

I don't say that proudly. I say that because it's true. There is not a single one of us whose life is perfectly in tune with their belief system.

The problem with Christians is not that we're hypocrites - it's that we give off the impression that we are some what more holy hypocrites than others are. Somehow, we give off an air of superiority that just smacks of elitism on top of hypocrisy. And that, my friends, royally stinks!

So whoever is reading this, please accept my apology as a Christ-follower. I am a hypocrite. I am not perfect - not even close. But I do love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I really do try to live my life in a way that is consistent with my Lord's teaching. But there are many times when I fail. My failure is not a failure of the One whom I worship. My failure is all mine.

If you are not a Christ-follower, please do not allow my failures, nor the failures of other believers get in the way of you discovering the incredible love that God offers through His Son Jesus Christ.

And if I or other Christians ever made you feel or believe that you were somehow inferior, please accept my sincere apology. I promise you that I will do my best to live how Jesus teaches me to live. I will fail. But I will never quit.

No comments: