Aug 31, 2008

The Perfect Week to Get Sick

I've been sick for the last three days with a flu. How can you get a flu in the summer time? It's a hundred degrees outside and I am in the house with sweats and a blanket over me. How can that be?

Being sick sucks.

Being sick wouldn't be that bad if it didn't suck so bad. I mean, I got to stay home all day, read, watch tv - thank God the college football season got started. I must have watched five games yesterday - and just lounge around all day. But it sucked because my head was pounding, my ribs were hurting from coughing too much, my throat was sore, my nose was sore from blowing it all the time, and my joints and muscles were aching. So, yeah. It pretty much sucked.

I'm finally starting to feel better.

It was a perfect time to get sick though. I don't have to preach this week because it's youth Sunday and the kids will be leading worship. How perfect is that. Thank you God. This was the perfect week to get sick.

No comments: