Jul 6, 2010

GA - Days 3, 4, 5

I celebrated my birthday at GA. The Form of Government Task Force was kind enough to remember and celebrated the day with me.


Because my birthday lands on the Fourth of July, most of my birthdays have been celebrated while traveling. When I was a child, it was as the family traveled over the 4th of July weekend, and then as an adult, I've celebrated my birthday in Korea, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, England. This is the first year I've celebrated my birthday at the GA of the PC(USA).

I haven't been posting updates from GA because the Form of Government committee has been meeting in the depths of the convention center (3 levels down) and I get no signal and because the PC(USA) has shut out internet access except to its own pc-biz.org (the site where all the business before the GA is located).

It's been frustrating not being able to blog or tweet from committee.



All commissioners are now meeting in their assigned committees. The General Assembly have over 300 items of business it must act on. For the most part, the GA will rely on commissioners in committees to work through the details and will go with the recommendations coming from committee. Very rarely will the plenary vote against what the committee recommends.

The GA will meet as a whole in plenary starting Wednesday.

I will be tweeting live from the plenary. You can follow my tweets at @jameskimlcop and also follow the action at GA by searching #ga219.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: