Jul 2, 2010

GA 219 - Day 1

To start off, I must say "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" to the office staff.

When I was going through the security at the airport I realized I had packed everything but my laptop!

My brain is in that laptop.

I couldn't believe it. Of all the things I could have forgotten, I leave the one thing that has my Bible, documents, calendar, schedule, etc.

But this is where the office staff comes in. They Fed Exed the lap top and I got it this morning.

Here's my first observations about this GA.

The convention center is HUGE!!!!!

Because the convention center is so big it makes it feel like there aren't many people here at the GA. Typically, there are Presbyterians running around all over the place, and I'm sure there are as many people this year as before, but it just feels empty around the GA complex.

Not much is happening yet. People are registering and meeting the Moderatorial candidates, checking out the exhibit hall, and checking into their hotel rooms.

The Form of Government committee is the only committee meeting today. They are doing their group process - getting to know you - stuff right now. The FoG task force will do our first presentation at around 3:45pm today.

One of the best things about the GA is that it's like a Presbyterian family reunion. It's been great to see so many friends.

I will continue to blog from GA as the days go by.

I leave you with a picture of one of my heros.

1 comment:

Deborah Hollifield said...

Praying for you, James! Keep us informed (but keep it printable!!)