Feb 5, 2009

The Inside Scoop - The latest development with my health

As many of you know, I have been on a strict low carb, low fat, low sodium, low sugar diet since the beginning of the year because my numbers were all sky high.

Since then I have made great progress in lowering my high blood pressure and my diabetic numbers.

My cholesterol and tryglerceride numbers remain high but not as high as they were before.

I have been taking medication and watching my diet. Since the beginning of the new year, I've lost 17 pounds and feel great.

I went to the cardiologist to get a stress test on my heart. After examining the pictures from the scan, the doctors have told me that there is some blockage in my arteries. The doctor who looked at my scan was not my cardiologist so she did not want to get into any of the details. All I know is that whatever she saw was disconcerting enough to have me see my cardiologist tomorrow so that we can discuss the options to dealing with the blockage.

So that's where we stand today. I should know more tomorrow.

Good news is that God is in control. I feel great. No worries because I am in God's hands.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying it is something the doctors can fix easily and quickly.
DS