Feb 9, 2009

My Heart Surgery

I had my angiogram this morning. The plan was to find the areas of blockage and then place stints in. I was supposed to go home tomorrow. That was the plan.

The good news is that we didn't need to place stints in.

The bad news is that my heart my arteries are so bad that what is needed is more invasive procedures than stints.

So here's the plan:
- Out of the four major arteries that feed the heart 2 are completely blocked, and the other 2 are 80-90% blocked
- The ideal situation would have been to do a by pass with the blocked arteries
- The problem is that with the two of the completely blocked arteries, the arteries are so damaged that there is not a healthy portion of the artery to graft/bypass into.
- With the remaining two 80-90% blocked arteries, the doctors will perform the bypass.

Right now, we are waiting for the massive blood thinners that I have been on to work its way through my system. Once that happens, we will perform the surgery.

So at this point, we are just waiting until the opportune time to do the surgery.

That's the story.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

God is good and I have no worries because I know that whatever happens will be to God's glory.

No comments: